FEDISA Fashion School Cape Town
Lecturer: Business, Retail Management & Merchandising
ABOUT THE JOB
Are you a retail dynamo with hands-on experience, a knack for visual merchandising, and a passion for instilling the fundamentals of retailing in future leaders? We're on the lookout for an industry-savvy individual like you to join our team as a Business, Retail Management & Merchandising lecturer.
Your Core Purpose is to provide Academic Leadership across undergraduate programmes in the competencies of: Business Administration & Merchandising in the Retail Environment. You will be at the forefront of expanding on the dynamic intersection of merchandising strategy, consumer behaviour and retail innovation.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Understanding of the business principles in entrepreneurship and retail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Retail experience and well versed in Visual Merchandising
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of retailing
- Business expertise is a bonus!
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Post Graduate Diploma or Masters Degree in Fashion or a subject related field.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant retail experience in the Fashion context
- Retail Merchandising knowledge (from planning through to visual merchandising)
- Facilitate contact and online (blended) lectures
- Develop, review & moderate curriculum & assessments
- Grade assessments & provide feedback
- Undertake programme & quality assurance administrative tasks
- Provide Academic consultation support to students
- Active involvement in student retention & acquisition